Our values are the critical foundation upon which we have built Angiocrine Bioscience.
Esprit de Corps • Commitment • Excellence • Laser Focus
Our team challenges conventional wisdom and pushes the boundaries of scientific discovery and innovation. Our values are reflected in how we think about the patients we aspire to help, the science we do, how we operate as a company, and who we hire.
We look for energetic, creative, self-motivated people who enjoy the breadth and depth of activities one finds in a small, entrepreneurial company. In joining Angiocrine Bioscience, employees are part of a vibrant multi-disciplinary team, committed to developing innovative engineered cellular therapies for treating numerous medical conditions.
Angiocrine Bioscience is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age and disability or any other status protected by applicable law.
Available Position: Executive Director, Medical & Clinical Development, Regenerative Medicine and Gene Therapy
Position Role & Responsibilities:
Primary role is to serve as medical leader of Angiocrine’s Regenerative Medicine and Gene Therapy (RM&GT) programs—i.e., non-hemato-oncologic indications.
Position Role & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for successful enrollment and completion of RM> clinical trials.
- Proactively design and write protocols for RM> trials and lead the writing of medical sections of submissions including grant and regulatory applications (former, working closely with R&D, and latter working with Regulatory).
- Develop and manage effective working relationship with principal investigators and other key clinical opinion leaders (e.g., members of Angiocrine Bioscience’s Clinical Advisory Board).
- Provide medical/physician expertise to Head of Clinical Operations and Chief Operating Officer providing clinical and medical (physician) perspectives.
- Must have demonstrated track record of being proactive with hands-on experience designing and most importantly effectively managing trials and PIs.
- Must embrace positive and “no-excuses” style of management—must emanate ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Successful candidate must be willing to reside in San Diego County—must be willing to proactively visit and willing to develop first-hand knowledge of participating clinical sites.
- Need to have strong desire to build a cutting-edge, fast-paced, pre-IPO engineered cell therapy company, which lead the way in new indications
- Minimum 6 years in industry or combined academic (need to have been clinical PI).
- Knowledgeable and experienced with GCP. Understands safety and pharmacovigilance system commonly utilized in human clinical trials.
- Must have broad therapeutic experience and knowledge—needs to be a person who enjoys new challenges in areas where prior guidance is not available.
- Education: (1) M.D. or equivalent (e.g. MBBS); and (2) a well-recognized residency (post-graduate education) training or equivalent experience being a clinician.
Additional Desired Skills and Knowledge
Medical certification in the United States or certified training equivalent to US certification (e.g., FRCPC, FRCP, FRCPA, etc.). Broad therapeutic exposure through clinical training and/or medical director role in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company preferred. M.D., Ph.D. or M.D., M.B.A, M.D., M.P.H., or M.D. with second degree equivalent expertise may be regarded as a plus.
This position is based in San Diego, CA.
Angiocrine is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.